My job.
I am a manager for a Richmond area tutoring company. I do hiring/firing/payroll/invoicing/scheduling/assessments/contracting etc.
I work from home.
I sit all day long.
Inactivity kills the body.
It's pedometer time.
I aim for 8,000 steps a day with a goal of 10,000 steps a day.
(For me, about 1700 to 2000 steps equals a mile, I know, I've worn a pedometer a lot in my life.)
* I once walked 27,000 steps in one day. It was a contest. I was a Sport's Camp counselor at BYU and walked an average of 17,000 a day. On that fateful day, I went allover campus and didn't stop, I also went to a 3 hour dance that night. I won.
It's been a good week.
*I'm not one for thoughtful posts, but I just wanted to put this one into writing because a goal written down is....well... whatever.
:) Anyone with me?
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
A goal written down IS a GOAL! Way to go Linz-o. Loved to try and beat you or even attempt to do half...but my desk at work has no wheels and it is winter. Can I walk 10,000 steps on my treadmill in 30 minutes? cuz thats all the time I get a day.
BWAHahahaha~love ya
ps Remember, Round is a shape!
helloooooooooooo.... desk job!! welcome to the world of inactivity. it sucks. BUT that's an awesome goal! My friend and I are trying to run in the mornings now, rather than having the daily battle of trying to do it in the evening. Haha anyway, congrats on the job!! That sounds like it's right up your alley. You rock ms. bird-nielsen.
Oh you make me laugh! I, in fact, do own a pedometer and would love to try this out. However, I am deathly afraid that I would only average about 1000 steps a day-especially this month when I am confined to sitting in an office. How about I take you up on it next month? It will get me out walking with little JB.
I loved that little pedometer...I'm glad you are bringing it back.
Post a Comment