France and I officially got engaged this last weekend, Saturday, March 22 in Washington DC. I flew out to Richmond for the weekend, because I missed France just so darn much and I wanted to check out my future home! On Saturday we drove into Washington DC, which is about 90 miles from Richmond, to take in some sights and just be together! As our day came to a close France asked me if I wanted to visit my favorite memorial, the Lincoln Memorial, and of course I said YES! So we strolled along the reflection pool, ascended the steps towards good 'ol Abe, and snapped some pictures. Then France asked if I had ever seen the back of the memorial which looks over DC and the Potomac River. So we headed around to the back of the memorial and on the ground were rose petals leading up to a beautiful bouquet of roses and two cute little champagne glasses full of sprite :) After telling me the roses were for me (yea!!!) he said "Let's just make this official!" He then got down on one knee, pulled out the ring box and asked me to marry him (he did say a few positively lovely things before he popped the actual question!). I totally said yes! A lot!
So there you have it! We have a few pictures from the trip and we will be getting a few more from his roommates who helped the set-up and took pictures of the event!
The ring I have now is a pretty white gold band as the real ring he purchased was a teensy too big for my finger and so they are resizing it and I will have it on my all-important finger in about two weeks! I will post pictures then!
Love you all!
3 comments:
Yes! I'm so stoked! Ok, so if you want, my blog is here:
http://finruinsrealm.blogspot.com/
This is Kiki, by the way.
aahhh how exciting!!! thanks for sharing i am SO thrilled for you! and our blog is corrineandalex.blogspot.com if you want to add us. YAY!
PS, WHEN???? are you getting married?!
I am going to have THE cutest nieces and nephews ever!
Post a Comment