So we don't have the internet. But we will. Right now we are at France's apt so I am getting wireless. After you don't have the internet for 3 days, your inbox and Facebook accounts are a lot more interesting...so we are working on getting the internet...
Richmond hasn't been too muggy this week, which I hear is abnormal. I don't mind a bit! Yesterday was really funny though as we decided to go for a swim in our complex's pool. After 10 min it started raining out of no where and it rained hard! Lighting stuck and thunder rolled as we raced as fast as our flip-flop-feet could carry us, which, can be pretty fast if you are running away from lightning. Don't worry, we made room for a little smooch before we ran inside laughing our heads off. Oh and 13 min later it was all sun-shiny again.
Oh! And I saw my first bonafide firefly! Sooo cool! And .7 miliseconds after I tried to catch it a bullfrog jumped up as I almost stepped on him/her/it. Don't worry, I squealed like a little girl. Wonderful.
Also, I am starting to get to know the good people of Richmond. I have met a number of France's friends at school and had dinner with some of them as well (thanks again for dinner!). One thing I have noticed is that the South moves a lot slooooower than it does in the West. This will be an adjustment as though who know me best will know, I usually move like a chipmunk on caffeine.
:)
Friday, June 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
YAY! I am so glad you are liking it out there. And yes... I think this new slow-paced life will be good for you... maybe when you come back I may actually be able to keep up with you :)
Lindsay! Let's be blog buddies! I didn't know you guys had one! Woohoo! Hope things are well! I bet you're excited for the wedding:) It's SO fun. You'll love it.
it's good to hear you are doing good there. My aunt and uncle live in Virginia. I beileve they are in Richmond as well. But i'm not 100% sure. I watched your movie today. Beauty and the Beast. :) that's like the 50th time I watched it. I like it. Good job. ;)
Thank you for coming over for dinner & games on Friday! We love hanging out with you and France :) Have a safe flight back to your other home and I suppose next time we see you you'll be Mrs. France Nielson!!
I just wanted to say that I'm excited for you. Lindsay, you don't know me, but I'm went to school with France, we "went out" for about a week in 5th grade then broke up because we're also cousins. I've always thought a lot of France and just wanted to say hello and congrats.
Post a Comment