Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Patrick Henry


Every summer this happens in Richmond:
The Patrick Henry Committee of St. John's Church is pleased to present reenactments at the original location of the Second Virginia Convention of March 1775. Today, living history interpreters and professional actors in 1770's attire portray ten of the "founding fathers" who participated in the animated convention debates culminating with Mr. Patrick Henry's "Liberty or Death" speech.

So naturally, we went. To a Lutheran church. On a Sunday.
In our Sunday clothes. During our ward's meeting.
~We made it back for Sacrament meeting~

Next to last in line? No prob. Front seats! Sweet. We could feel the spit.

The man himself, Patrick Henry. He saw me whip the camera out. I held my camera up and he posed. I kept it up and he still posed. I finally got the pic, and he quickly posed for someone else. We didn't even have to ask! Ha....oh actors....strange breed. I should know. yikes. :)

Benjamin Franklin wanted a picture with me with my camera, I'm serious, he's the one who asked. Check out how awkward I am!

All in ALL, it was seriously soo awesome and made more room in my little patriotic heart for more love for our amazing nation. We loved it and highly recommend it!

1 comments:

The Fifes said...

wow - who knew Benjamin Franklin was so super awkward?? :)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space